Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oakley's opportunity!

I had to go to the DR. today to see if I had shingles,,, and I do in fact have shingles, but that isn't of importance to this story.
I saw Sandy C who is a PA but totally compatible to the Drs. She is also an assistant coach for Oakley's soccer team. Oakley was excited to see her! I told him that she might let him listen to the baby's heartbeat! After we discussed the shingles she asked us if we wanted to hear the baby! Oakley quickly said "SURE!"
She engaged Oakley in the whole quick process! She had him hold the doppler and "find the baby" Sandy was so sweet to make him feel so special about finding the baby! Then she let us listen to the baby for several seconds... she said it sounded like 15o's~
When we got out to the car he said, "I can't believe I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It sounded like someone hitting a hammer on a piece of wood, really fast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment